October 12, 2008

walgreens- boo hiss

so im a little mad at walgreens today..here's the story:

so i go in get 2 packs of walgreens diapers size 4- 5.99 on sale in the ad x 2
cincinnati enquirer-1.50 there are fabulous fabulous coupons this week!


anyway, in the diaper aisle..they have 4 huge signs saying buy 2 packs of any diaper or training pants save $2....

so the lady says your total will be 13.48...i said did the -2.00 come off for the diapers...she said they are both 5.99 then i said welp i guess it didnt' come off then...can u take it off..she said where's the coupon..i said i'm sorry it says nothing about a coupon..she gets all tude with me and says ..well there's nothing i can do...i said um yes there is call someone else i'll talk to them about it...so my favorite cashier comes in...she says um..i'll go look i walk back and show her the 3 HUGE signs..she says they have to be this certain kind..i said um yah i bought 2 of the exact ones on the picture! she's like oh ok..meanwhile teenage grump girl..called her manager to tattle on me i guess? he says and i quote "how much are you claiming these diapers are supposed to be" grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....look im not trying to scam..just look at your HUGE SIGNS...i said well let me go show you...meanwhile presh emma is acting like a wild child...which totally helped the situation...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....he's like oh ok i see..i said yah i wasnt' lying!!
so he looks at my receipt and says what is the 10 coupon i said ..its a rapid reward i had..he said oh thats why it wont print rapid rewards if you pay with rewards..i'm like uh WHAT? i thought to myself um..i know thats not true..look at all the deals i did a few weeks ago..but whateva...not worth being accused of being a liar or a cheat..i mean seriously they made me feel like a criminal for trying to save 2.00 that they were claiming you'd get..i was ticked..so im boycotting them...
:)
here's my total
13.48
-10.00 register reward
and i had a gift card from some other rebate so i got it for .39 cents..not the pt..should've still had 2.00 on my card

4 comments:

Meridith said...

THAT STINKS!!!! There is no excuse for not showing good manners...

Ginger said...

I always have a bad experience at Walgreens. They make it really hard to come and shop at their stores! I have an old man cashier that asks me (very rudly) "how bad are you going to rip off Walgreens today.

mbrocker said...

It amazes me how some people think you're pulling some kind of scam. I mean.. people.. couponers MAKE more money for Walgreens then regular shoppers. See, they get reimbursed the full value of all coupons PLUS eight cents per coupon. And word of mouth sends lots of people to Walgreens. Harumph... I'm so sorry this happened to you. I have heard, that if it was a RR deal, there is a form you can fill out and send in with the number off of your receipt to get on mailed to you. I'll do a little bit of research and get back to you.
Which WAGS did you go to.. I wan't to know which to avoid.

andrea said...

mindy
the thing is i don't know for sure if it was a register reward.or was just supposed to come off automaticaly on the receipt.the manager acted like i made up the fact that there were three gigantor signs about saving the 2 bucks...
this was the walgreens on breil blvd..